Sunday 7 October 2012

Mediterranean Island

I recently found this outdated road atlas at the free stuff department of our Recycling Center. I’d been eager to try it as ATC background and I’m quite happy with the outcome! The island is made from scraps of magazines and painted cardboard.

On the background I added some gesso mixed with acrylic & watercolour paints, with splashing seawater in mind. Borders are made with paper scraps in Mediterranean-inspired colours, terracotta, turquoise, blue and white. The leaves stamped on top are, in my mind, either from an olive tree or a lemon tree.

With this, I am participating in the Islands challenge at the Collage Obsession blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hei Salla! Pidän työstäsi tosi paljon! Se on ihanasti koostettu erilaisista materiaaleista, ja värit ovat todella kauniit. Hyvä idea käyttää karttaa näin taustana.

    ReplyDelete