Monday 27 March 2017

Mixed Media Greenhouse ATCs

Hello springtime, flowers and greenery! To welcome the new season, I enjoyed joining a Greenhouse swap at ATCs for All. This was a mixed media swap and another cool twist was that the cards were to be actually house shaped. They were so much fun to make and I can't wait to see the returns I get!



I was inspired by the following challenges:

The Artistic Stamper: Springtime
Crazy-Lab: Spring Feeling
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Layer it Up!
We Love 2 Create: Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes



For the spring themed challenges, the inspiration is quite obvious, I guess! As for Simon's Layer it Up challenge, I actually tried something new with layering. I'll get back to that a bit further down!



In all the four cards, I began cutting the background and roof from different papers. I included both DIY papers, like Gelli prints, and scrapbook papers and magazine pages.



I then added collage elements like postage stamps, washi tape, magazine cuts...



And some colour with Gelatos and Crayola crayons.





And then to the last layer! I had done some stamping on tissue paper and other nearly see-through papers earlier this week. I've been wanting to build a pre-made stash for beeswax collage, which is where I have previously used stamping on tissue. The thing is that the paper becomes invisible with wet media, and only the stamping shows. This is a cool way to add stamping on surfaces where the stamping ink alone might not show very well, or might bleed, depending on what you're going to add next.



I usually only make beeswax collage when I can dedicate a whole day or longer stretch of time for it, since it takes a while to take the supplies out and clean afterwards. Mainly it is that I use the same ironing board that I use for clothers so I need to cover it properly before I get started. Anyway, I'm glad I thought of using the stamped tissue in another way! And acrylic medium worked in a similar way as beeswax - the paper seems to completely disappear.

Remember that for both beeswax and acrylic medium, the stamping ink has to be permanent! I always use Staz-On.



Thank you for your visit!

8 comments:

  1. Todella ihania ja raikkaita! Jos teet lisää niin olisin innokas vaihtamaan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Jos saan tehtyä niin olen yhteydessä, mielelläni vaihtaisin kanssasi.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful ATCs! Thank you for your attention to Crazy-lab challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ATCs are so beautiful! The house shape is super fun. I absolutely love your mix of pattern and color! The stamped tissue paper looks amazing and I must say that I love the blue ink. I always reach for brown or black, but after seeing these cards, I definitely need to use blue. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unusual ats!Thank you for your attention to Crazy-lab challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ATCs! Love the house shape and all those layers and details. Thank you so much for joining us in our Things With Wings challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Atc is magical. Oh, those details, wonderful background! Thank you for your attention to Crazy-lab challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun swap, love the house shaped ATC's, yours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete