Saturday 30 September 2017

Fearless Graffiti Art Journal Spread

Hello! Here's my art journal spread inspired by the September challenge at More than Words.



I am constantly inspired by the GRUNGY look of graffiti and the way the bright colours pop out in an asphalt and concrete landscape. But graffiti is not just a style, it's also a way to spread out a political message + a voice of rebellion, and that's the kind of graffiti I was particularly thinking of when I created this mixed media collage. I admire the FEARLESS work of graffiti artists, many of whom have had to work in circumstances where the authorities are very hostile towards street art. I've been happy to see in the past few years that many towns and cities have began to value street art in a totally new way!



This spread is a part of a new junk journal I'm working on. I'll post more about it later!



I'm also joining the challenges at:

Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk: Anything Goes with Steampunk or Industrial, and

Art Journal Journey: Colour In My World



Thank you so much for your visit and comments, as always!



8 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic journal spread, wonderful colours in the background that make the silhouette figures stand our from the page.
    Thank you so much for adding your pages to Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background! Thank you for sharing it at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful art journal pages! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Great to see you at Art Journal Journey - I hope you will join our new theme as well there!
    Beautiful art here Salla!

    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous journal pages!! Thanks for joining us at MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow !! This is gorgeous, great work !! Thank you for playing at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - this is amazing! I love your thinking behind the project and your unique style. Thanks for joining in at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool spread! I love the bright pops of color and the silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete